Monday, July 21, 2014

Monday funday

Another weeks gone by and I feel both thankful of the events that happened over the course of the seven days as well as regretful of not accomplishing some of the big goals I have set for myself at the beginning of this sunny period of relaxation. In terms of fun and enjoyable activities that happened, I threw my first surprise parties for a friend of mines 18th year of life. It was quite nice seeing such a meek and overall quite individual explode with a sudden and unsespecting cheer of their existence. The mood was conversational and the music was popping due to the playlist of nostalgically memorized tunes of the olden times mixed with the up and coming songs that have already been drilled into our skulls thanks to common day radio stations. Speaking of tunes, I've recently picked up a really nice tape deck at a thrift shop and has been an interesting medium of audio to explore. Though I currently only have 7 cassettes, I hope to keep nurturing and growing my collection. With my age maturing and the pressure of constant work engrained in the minds of us all, I've finally caved in and got a job. It should be a great learning experience and getting spending money from people besides close relatives will be fun as well. As with any update, the pipe of drawing has constantly been flowing, but this week with a twist for that I've been trying my hand at using sharpies. While some have gone into areas of overly simplified due to loss of detail, others show true potential and I'm quite happy with them for such reason. Things I recommend listening to this week are Frank Ocean's Channel Orange, Deafhaven's Sunbather, Sleep's Dopesmoker, and Millennial Dream Corp's DRAKE 遗事 JOSH / / JOSH 遗事 DRAKE. 

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment